Tag: GitQlient

GitQlient: The evolution of QGit (Part I)

Update: I’ve been noticed that Heimdal is already used so I’ve changed the name to GitQlient, that is not fancy but it will do it for now! 🙂

Some time ago I started looking into which possibilities I have to handle Git repositories in UI-based. The one that I like the most is GitKraken but I’m not willing to pay the price it cost. Specially since I need to work with private and/or company-hosted repositories. For that reason, I started by looking for a Qt app already made I could use. Or in the worst case adapt to my own use.

I discovered an app called QGit that is available for Linux which I could easily work with. The drawbacks were that it was using really old code and was done in quite an ugly style. Those were two of the most important inconveniences since it I wanted to understand exactly how things were done. And if needed, easily modify the app for my personal needs. After some analysis I came to the conclusion that QGit needs a big refactor. And that is what I’ve done!

(more…)